Puppy or a mature dog, you have come to the right place. You will learn all the basics necessities of dog obedience & ownership. The classes are held weekly and are 90 minutes. All past students are encourage to return for quarterly refreshers and corrections, at no additional fee. Further more, if for any reason, you wish to repeat the complete course, you may do so at no cost
Location: Saint Kevin’s Church, 5600 Chemin de la Cote-des-Neiges, Montreal.
The 2023 Class Schedule
DUE TO COVID-19, WE ASK THAT EVERYONE RESPECTS THE FOLLOWING MEASURES:
- Wearing a mask is optional, but recommended.
- Sanitize your hands before entering the room
- Maintain a 6ft / 2m distance
We also offer PRIVATE DOG TRAINING CLASSES and DOG BOARDING & TRAINING for those who cannot attend our group classes.
Course Overview for Our group classes
4 Week duration – 6 Hours of Instruction – $200.00 All Taxes Included
- We will cover elementary canine health, care, feeding, first aid and behavioural habits.
- We will correct some common problems like housebreaking, jumping on people, chasing cars, barking, biting, food stealing, etc.
- Your dog will walk with its nose at your knee with the use of a leash.
- Your dog will come instantly upon command.
- Your dog will sit upon command and stay in the spot regardless of distractions, for a limited time.
- Your dog will lie down upon command and stay in the spot regardless of distractions for a reasonable time.
- Your dog will stand upon command and allow itself to be groomed and treated.
Dogs should be three months or older to join our dog training group classes. Bitches in season are not permitted in class. Do not feed the dog directly before class. Please see that the dog is well exercised beforehand. When entering and leaving the building, and in the hall, keep the dog away from walls and pillars. Do not let the dog soil the grounds. Watch your dog to prevent mistakes. If several members of the family (children included) will be handling the animal, we encourage that they all attend our classes at no extra charge. We encourage our past students to return for quarterly refreshers and corrections, also at no additional fee. Upon completion of our obedience course, you may repeat any lesson you feel your dog has not mastered to your satisfaction. All you have to do is call us at 941-2178, and we will tell you the date on which the particular lesson you are interested in will be held. No additional charge. If, for any reason, you wish to repeat the complete course, you may do so – also without an additional fee.
- A dog harness, hard collar or a training collar (slip chain).
- A leash at least 6 feet in length.
- Shoes with flat heels. (Non-slippery soles are easier to work in).
- (Equipment is available for purchase at school)
Your dog loves you and will work-for your praise. Whatever form it takes, positive reinforcement is the key to our training method. The effect of punishment on any animal is to make him hate or fear you. Besides the emphasis on positive reinforcement, our training technique stresses operant conditioning. The truth about the classes you will be attending is that they are designed more to train you than your pet. The classroom is a poor environment to train the animal, with twin distractions of people and other dogs to take its mind off the work. However, once you have been shown the proper method of handling your pet, the real dog training that follows will be on a one-to-one basis.
Classes are held weekly, commence promptly and are of 90 minutes duration. Please be on time. Rushing in gets your dog excited and also disturbs those already working. Weekly classes are supported by halfhour per day of home exercise.
Saint Kevin’s Church, 5600 Chemin de la Cote-des-Neiges, Montreal.